Good solution but...

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Thank you for taking the time to create the solution and make it available in Codeplex.

I have installed and tested it and found that the behavior is very good, since it adds a missing SP piece in the SP functionality.

However, I noticed a very serious bug: In several sites collections of the farm where I installed the solution I get an exception (reporting the missing list ListViewPermissions) when I try to access one of the existing lists. Note that this does not appear in 100% of the times but rather frequently and the weird thing is that these are site collections where the feature is not activated.

Unfortunately, because of this the solution can never be used in serious cases. Do you know why this is happening or how it can be fixed?

Thanks a lot in advance.

The stack trace is the following:
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.GetListByName(String strListName, Boolean bThrowException) +27826690
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.Provider.SPServerDataConnection.GetSPList(String url, String listName) +173

[ArgumentException: List View Permissions at could not be found.]
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.Provider.SPServerDataConnection.GetSPList(String url, String listName) +358
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.Provider.SPServerDataConnection.GetList(String url, String listName) +11
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.<>c__DisplayClass21.<GetList>b__1() +38
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.DataContext.GetList(String listName, Func
1 getUrl, Func`1 getList, Boolean checkUrl) +228
Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.DataContext.GetList(String listName) +367
SharePointListSecurity.Data.SPListSecurityContextDataContext.get_ViewPermissions() +104
SharePointListSecurity.Model.SharepointListSecurityService.IsOnlyDefaultViewPermissed(SPList list) +191
SharePointListSecurity.WebControls.CustomViewSelector.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +307
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +350
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.CreateChildControls() +1527
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.BaseXsltListWebPart.CreateChildControls() +2189
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartMobileAdapter.CreateChildControls() +72